Get Your Kids Reading with our Summer Reading List
Friday, June 21, 2013
School may be out for the summer, but that doesn’t mean that your kids should stop reading! More than just a tool to help kids learn, reading also fosters imagination and creativity, can bring families closer together, and is just plain fun.
This summer, we’ve teamed up with Random House to provide a new shipment of books to our Read It & Return Lending Librarysm. Not familiar with the Library? Located in Country Inns & Suites hotels across the United States and Canada, it’s available to any guest at the hotel. You can pick up a book to read while you stay, or grab a few children’s books to read to your kids before bed. Our favorite part of the Library is its borrow feature; if you don’t finish a book before its time to check out of your hotel, you can take it with you! Just return it on your next visit to any Country Inns & Suites By Carlson hotel.
We’re so excited to be able to offer a great selection of books for children and pre-teens this summer. Each Friday, we’ll be featuring one children’s or pre-teen title on our Facebook page in our Summer Reading List series. The series will include things like questions, facts, trivia, and even downloadable activities and excerpts for kids that go along with the books. Check out the Country Inns & Suites Facebook page each Friday to find out about the newest featured book.
See the list of children’s and pre-teen titles* available in our hotels below, and check out all of the adult titles offered here.
Picturebooks for Kids 0-3
- The Friendly Book – Margaret Wise Brown
- The Berenstain Bears Think of Those in Need – Stan & Jan Berenstain
- I Love You, Daddy – Edie Evans
- I Love You, Mommy – Edie Evans
- Just For You – Mercer Mayer
Beginner Books for Kids 4-7
- Junie B. Jones Loves Handsome Warren (Junie B. Jones No. 7) – Barbara Park
- Junie B. Jones Has a Peep in Her Pocket (Junie B. Jones No. 15) – Barbara Park
- Soupy Saturdays with the Pain and the Great One – Judy Blume
Books for Kids 8-12
- Hoot – Carl Hiaasen
- When You Reach Me – Rebecca Stead
- The Castle in the Attic – Elizabeth Winthrop
Books for Teens (12 and up)
- In the Forests of the Night – Amelia Atwater-Rhodes
- Stargirl – Jerry Spinelli
What are your children’s favorite books to read during the summer?
*Available book titles may vary by location.