Destination: Atlanta, Georgia
Tuesday, March 8, 2016
If you’re looking to visit a bustling city with a lot of Southern charm, Atlanta is the place to be. Georgia’s capital city has something to offer everyone, from arts and music to history and sports. With plenty of fun activities for families, kids, and couples, you might want to extend your vacation to more than just a few days!
The Atlanta metropolitan area is also home to nearly 20 Country Inns & Suites By CarlsonSM properties, so you can be sure that there’s a hotel that fits the needs of your party any time you visit.
With so much to see in the city, planning a trip to Atlanta may seem like a daunting task. To make your visit as enjoyable as possible, we’ve compiled a list of some of Atlanta’s must-see attractions that you should add to your travel itinerary:
- The Georgia Aquarium is the world’s largest aquarium and one of the most popular attractions in Atlanta. With more than 8.5 million gallons of water featuring over 120,000 marine animals, this aquarium has something for everyone.
- The High Museum of Art is the leading art museum in the Southeastern U.S. and attracts visitors from around the world. It contains more than 11,000 works of art in its permanent collection and also features many special exhibitions.
- Are you a sports fan? Atlanta is home to three professional sports teams – the Atlanta Braves, Atlanta Hawks, and Atlanta Falcons. With three sports to choose from, there’s bound to be a game to watch no matter what time of year you visit!
- For the history buffs, Atlanta is home to the Martin Luther King, Jr. Historic Site, which features King’s boyhood home and several surrounding buildings, as well as the original Ebenezer Baptist Church and a visitor’s center containing an American civil rights museum.
- Interested in music? The Atlanta Symphony Orchestra performs 200 concerts each year and has won 27 GRAMMY® Awards.
- Venture just outside of the city and experience the beauty of Stone Mountain Park, featuring the 1,686 foot tall Stone Mountain. From hiking to activities for the kids, it’s a fun outdoor adventure for the whole family.
- Ready to have a wild time? Visit Zoo Atlanta and spend some time with the animals, including giant pandas and the nation’s largest collection of gorillas and orangutans!
- Covering 30 acres in Midtown Atlanta, the Atlanta Botanical Garden is a beautiful sight to see. It offers visitors a wide array of gardens, exhibitions, and arrangements, as well as the raised Canopy Walk, which runs through the Storza Woods.
- You won’t miss the World of Coca-Cola with its giant neon sign! Learn about this history of the brand, watch the real bottling process, and even taste Coca-Cola samples from around the world.
- Covering 21 acres, Centennial Olympic Park is a great place to relax and enjoy a day outside. If the weather’s warm, you can even cool off in the Fountain of Rings!
Do you have a favorite Atlanta attraction that we missed? Share it with us in the comments!